Friday, June 10, 2011

Early Birds

Summer is my favorite time of the year.  I love it so much that my body seems to need less sleep and I wake up so much earlier than in the cooler darker months.  I might try to go back to sleep but for the eager feeling I have to get up and get at it, which might include doing a little work-work or noodling on the internet to look up the myriad of things that interest me.  I remind myself of Eloise at the Plaza, who follows her nose to see where she might find herself.  Just this morning, for example, I finished reading several stories online for an Osher class later today that I want to sit in on, researching lowlights for my silver/grey hair, catching up on several friends via their Facebook, looking a website sent by a friend, emailing that friend to see if she can come for a visit . . .  One interesting thing leading to another.  Now that I've been awake for a while, I'm beginning to think I should have tried harder to go back to sleep.  Oh well.  I'm headed to the swimming pool for a few laps before work - - that should wake me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment